Wednesday, June 4, 2008

FINALLY! An update!






I know, I know, I know.  We've been HORRIBLE about updating our blog.  Things have been crazy pretty much since Sabrina was born.  I went back to work on January 7th.  It was a little rough, but it was great to get back in the studio and have my body back.  It's been wonderful being able to dance again!  On the days that I work, I drop Sabrina off at, either, Steve's parents or my Aunt Alice's.  She's there a couple of hours before Steve comes and picks her up.  The schedule works great, and everyone loves watching her.:)
As expected, Sabrina is growing like a weed.  At her 4 month appointment, she was 17 lbs and 26 1/2".  She has her 5 1/2 month appointment in a couple of days, so we'll see how much she's grown this last month!!  She is now eating "solids".  We started her with rice cereal, then moved into her veggies and have introduced two fruits recently.  She's a very good eater (obviously!) and does very well in her high chair.  
She has also mastered the art of rolling over.  For the longest time, she didn't have much interest in the whole thing.  She doesn't like being on her belly all that much...and is perfectly content on her back playing with her toys.  At this point, her favorite toy is her little toes.  It's so cute when she bites her toes...I love it!  She's also laughing like crazy.  She'll laugh at anything, and has figured out that laughing will get her some more attention from Mommy and Daddy and distract them from getting other things done.:)
We have also been blessed with a very good sleeper!!  Sabrina has been a good sleeper from the get-go, only up once or twice a night even as a newborn.  She started sleeping through the night at about 5 weeks.  Now, she's up to 12-13 hours per night.  It's heaven!  She is also starting to be a more consistent napper, taking a two to three 45 minute-1 hour naps per day.  

All in all, having Sabrina has been the biggest joy we've ever known.  She is an amazing little kid.  I'm sad that she is growing up, but excited to see what each day holds.  

1 comment:

The Brookses said...

Finally- yeah!!! Great to see Sabrina changing and to hear your stories.